Hosting and planning a bridal shower is truly an honor, but it can definitely be overwhelming if you do not know where to begin. To help set you up for success, we have put together a must-read checklist so you can throw a fabulous shower for the bride-to-be!
Three (or More) Months Prior
- Have a convo with the Bride to find out what she is envisioning. All ladies or co-ed? A brunch, afternoon tea, or cocktail party? Does she have a certain theme or color palette in mind? Does she want the event to take place at a favorite restaurant, her parent’s home, or at a hotel?
- Set a date. Give the Bride a few dates to choose from that are 1-2 months out from the wedding.
- Compile the guest list (and it may seem obvious but it must be said—all guests invited to the shower also need to be invited to the wedding).
- If the event is taking place at a restaurant, tea house, or hotel, make reservations.
Two Months Prior
- Assemble your co-hosts – Figure out who your co-hosts are, determine a budget with those ladies, and brainstorm about the decisions you will need to make (florals, rentals, decor, music, activities, etc.). Create a to-do list and assign tasks.
- Purchase invitations or the materials to make them if you are going the DIY route. Remember to include the Bride’s registry information.
- Select your menu with the caterer or restaurant, or plan out your menu (if you are providing all food & beverage).
- Order any specialty items through a bakery.
- Reserve linens and rental items through a rental company.
- Gather addresses for the guest list.
One Month Prior
- Shop for decor and any paper goods that are needed.
- Place your flower order with the florist.
- Assemble and address invitations.
- Mail invitations.
Two Weeks Prior
- Confirm your RSVPs.
- Confirm your guest count with the caterer or venue (if applicable).
- Finalize rental orders and delivery/pickup times.
- Confirm your count on floral centerpieces.
- Purchase favors.
- Buy your shower gift for the Bride.
- Make your grocery shopping list.
- Purchase alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages.
One Week Prior
- Buy groceries.
- Finalize your seating chart and/or layout of the space.
- Finalize details for shower games and activities.
- Gift wrap favors.
- Confirm items the other co-hosts are providing and ask for them to arrive early to help set up or with final touches.
One Day Prior
- Set up equipment and decor, if possible.
- Prepare any food or beverage items that can be made in advance.